Dr. Willard’s® celebrates National Women’s Health Week through May 20 and National Fitness Month, women across the country are urged to consider ways to improve their health. Women are busier than ever nowadays, with many juggling successful careers with the demands of motherhood. These responsibilities don’t leave too much time for taking care of themselves. However, it is imperative for all women to get an annual physical, eat a healthy diet, and exercise! While any form of exercise benefits your body and mind, there are strategies to fueling your fitness. Along with a healthy diet, consuming Willard Water® daily can help you maximize the benefits of working out. Find out how in this article!
It is often the case that two people who go to the same fitness classes lose weight at different rates. One reason for that can be that one person is eating healthier. While simply eating a more balanced diet is obvious to losing weight, experts have recommendations for what to eat before, during and after a workout session for optimal results. As you are heading out to the gym, you need to boost your energy and endurance levels, so the best foods to eat are lean protein, such as pork; good fats from foods like avocados, peanut butter, nuts and fatty fish; good carbs, such as whole grain pasta and bread; and fluids, drinking two cups of water two hours before working out.
During your workout session, remember to keep yourself hydrated. Most of the time, water is just fine, but “if you’re exercising for more than 60 minutes in hot, humid conditions, sports drinks may help,” states WebMD. “They give you carbs and sodium, as well as fluids.”
After exercising, consume about 10-20 grams of protein to help your muscles repair themselves and grow bigger. Choose from lean meats, a protein shake, or hard-boiled eggs.
To really fuel your fitness, you would need to eat massive amounts of healthy foods to get the nutrients required to boost your metabolism, provide energy and help your muscles get stronger and firmer. This is why it is recommended to consume additional vitamins, micronutrients and nutrients to fuel your fitness, which will help your workout goals by facilitating biochemical reactions to boost the benefits from the foods you eat. Here is a list of vitamins and minerals your body needs to boost performance levels:
- Calcium – This mineral is required for bone health and muscle building; a recommended dose for most adults is 1,000 milligrams daily.
- Vitamin D3 – This fat-soluble vitamin helps your bones and muscles by allowing your body to absorb calcium and phosphorus; take 600IU daily.
- Magnesium – This mineral also helps with muscles by promoting calcium absorption; take 320 milligrams daily.
- Vitamin B6/ Biotin – These coenzymes helps in the production of glucose, which provides fuel to contract your muscles throughout your session. Additionally, they help our bodies metabolize protein; we need 1.3 milligrams of vitamin B6 and 30 micrograms of biotin every day.
- Vitamin B12 – This vitamin helps to metabolize carbs and aids in weight loss; we need 2.4 mcg daily.
- Niacin – This form of vitamin B3 promotes the metabolism of nutrients to increase your energy levels; we need 14 milligrams.
- Thiamine – This B Vitamin is required to metabolize protein, and to boost your performance by transporting oxygen throughout the body; we need 1.4 milligrams daily.
- Iron – Iron helps to increase your energy levels needed to work out by carrying oxygen throughout your body; we need 18 milligrams daily.
- Vitamin C – This antioxidant helps to repair and grow your muscles by protecting you from radical damage that leads to aging and disease. It also helps to produce collagen, which makes tissue that holds bones and muscles together. Additionally, Vitamin C helps to absorb iron; we need at least 75 milligrams daily.
- Vitamin A – This vitamin plays a role in glycogen production, which helps your energy levels, as well as antioxidants that protect from radical damage from the sun, foods and aging. We need 9333 IU every day.
Having the right amount of vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants and micronutrients is imperative to fuel our exercise routine. In fact, the harder and longer we work out, the more of these nutrients our bodies require. While eating the right diet can help, taking additional supplements can be advantageous to boost our performance. Additionally, adding Willard Water® to your daily routine will allow our bodies to absorb much more nutrients from food and supplements because this formula helps promote nutrient assimilation. As a result, you will benefit from more nutrients and vitamins without having to consume extra food or purchase more supplements. Furthermore, Willard Water® removes toxins, helps to break down crude proteins and improves the digestion of fat and proteins, allowing us to be leaner and healthier.