Coffee is a morning staple in most American households. In fact, over 64 percent of adults in this country drink one or more cups of coffee per day! While some like its taste, the majority consume this beverage because it helps them get up and get through the day. However, is coffee the best way to energize yourself throughout the day?
Green tea, which has been consumed around the world for thousands of years, is gaining popularity in the US. In 2014, the use of green tea went up by 60 percent since 1994, according to a source. Since both drinks have high levels of caffeine and other health benefits, is one better for you than the other? We explore the details in this article:
When it comes to the amount of caffeine, coffee is the clear winner. Green tea doesn’t only have less caffeine than coffee, but also less than black tea. Averaging 25 mg of caffeine per 8 oz, the amount varies per brand and on the brewing time (longer brewing times lead to higher caffeine amounts). Coffee, on the other hand, has about 95 mg of caffeine per 8oz.
While this can be bad news for some people who need that boost to get through the day, there are actually many benefits to drinking green tea over coffee. The lower levels of caffeine don’t lead you to crash in the afternoon, and actually “creates a gentler and steady source of stimulation which apparently can aid concentration,” states a source.
Both drinks contain antioxidants, or free-radical scavengers that fight oxidation processes in the body. Oxidation occurs due to natural aging processes, the consumption of alcohol, the metabolism, exercise, exposure to the sun’s UV rays, etc. Antioxidants stop the free-radical scavengers from destroying healthy cells, providing a myriad of health benefits, such as younger looking skin and a healthier immune system.
Coffee has a high concentration of antioxidants, specifically flavonoids, which have antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and antitumor properties.
Green tea has the highest level of antioxidants amongst all varieties of tea because it’s made from unfermented leaves, which contain high amounts of antioxidants called polyphenols, which reduce or can ever reverse, the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Reduces the chance of Alzheimer’s disease
- Reduces the chance of Parkinson’s disease
- Could prevent colon cancer from repeating after treatment
- Prevents liver disease
- Helps with weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves memory
The truth is that scientists have not been able to decide with absolute certainty which drink is better for your health. For many people, taste is the deciding factor, while for others it’s more about the individual health benefits each choice has to offer.
It’s fairly obvious that both coffee and tea have high concentrations of antioxidants, which are imperative for our bodies and minds to thrive. The truth is, however, that not all of the antioxidants we get through our diet can be digested by the body. A portion of them are simply excreted through our urine, not having the chance to enter the bloodstream.
Willard Water®, our signature product, is the solution to this problem! As reported by NIS Laboratories, a recent study found that this patented and proven formula broke down particles in green tea, allowing antioxidants to fight the effect of free radicals on cells.
Choose between three different products, depending on your health needs:
- Dr. Willard’s Water® CLEAR™ Concentrate – A formula with double the dose of the micelle catalyst (as compared to the DARK Concentrate), which promotes detoxification and nutrient absorption. Nineteen trace minerals (iron, manganese, copper, iodine, zinc, calcium, potassium, selenium, etc) are present, which help to develop strong bones and teeth, increase energy and serve as an antioxidant.
- Dr. Willard’s Water® DARK Concentrate – A formula with a high concentration of fossilized organics, which contain trace minerals, amino acids, activated carbon, etc., but half the patented catalyst, as compared to the CLEAR™ Concentrate.
- Dr. Willard’s Water® ULTIMATE Concentrate – A formula most recommended to improve the absorbability and assimilation of nutrients and detoxification, which has high amounts of the catalyst as well as the trace minerals.
To learn more about Dr. Willard’s Water® or to order, visit http://drwillard.com/